Today is one month until my birthday and the question I dread every year has started: “What do you want for your birthday?”
I don’t dread this question because I don’t like getting presents, but rather because I never know what to ask for! Ever since I started working if I really wanted something, I would just buy it for myself (plus I have zero patience – I’m working on it.)
In an effort to have a better answer than ‘I don’t know’ I am trying to actively consider what I would actually want for my birthday.
This is what I have come up with so far:
- Spa package – I really like Endota Spa in Canberra, I had my pre-wedding facials there and I really like the staff. I would love a 2 (or 4 if someone is generous!) hour pampering there.
- Gift card to Witchery – I’m on a bit of a shopping ban at the moment, but if someone were to give me money specifically for shopping it wouldn’t count as breaking the ban, right? Witchery is my go-to store for pretty much everything. In winter I always have one of their seamless singlet tops on for extra warmth. I currently have my eye on these goodies:
- Weekend (or day) at Perisher – living in (or near if we want to be specific) Canberra means I am a gloriously close 2 hours to the snow. I haven’t been snowboarding in two years and I would love to go this year before the season ends. I’ve been snowboarding 4 or 5 times before, my husband hasn’t though so I’d be a bit worried about him hurting himself!
- Gift voucher to Dendy Premium – getting a ticker voucher and a food and drink voucher means the husband and I can have a lovely (and free) date night/day and see a movie. We love going to the movies but don’t really do it that often anymore due to time restraints.
- Custom bouquet print from SarahParkDesigns on Etsy – I saw this before my wedding and I love it! It’s such a lovely idea, and as I did my own flowers for my wedding it would be really special.