I started blogging earlier this year for a bit of fun, and so that I would have somewhere to ‘talk’ so I don’t bore my poor husband to death with my incessant chatter (seriously guys, I talk a lot!!). I never really expected anyone to read my ramblings and I have been so excited to see how many people actually visit my little piece of the internet and come back for more! You guys are gluttons for punishment! So I was a bit blown away last week when the lovely Shannon from How Can I Wear That nominated me for a Liebster Blog Award!!
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers, by fellow bloggers, as a way of recognising your blog and a way to connect and discover other amazing blogs out there.
A few rules that come with the nomination are:
1. Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer ten questions given by the nominator.
3. Nominate ten other bloggers for the award.
4. Create ten questions for nominees to answer.
5. Notify your nominees.
6. Get an award button and display it proudly.
My answers to the questions from the lovely Shannon:
1. What is your favourite texture combo? I love silk and leather together. Such a clash of ladylike and biker chic, but it just works and feels so luxe!
2. If you had a spare $1000 where would you spend it? On clothes, I could easily spend up $1000 in Cue or Witchery (a lot of my clothes come from those two stores!) or maybe Review. Otherwise I could happily spend up big in Ikea!
3. What was your favourite subject at school? History! I was a bit of a dork (still am really!) and I adored studying history. I ended up doing it at uni because I loved it so much.
4. Do you have any pets? I have a dog (fur baby), Chewbacca (Chewie for short). She’s a Lagotto and my husband gets really upset when people think she is a poodle.
5. How would you describe yourself in three words? Organised, passionate (or over-emotional, depends how you spin it!), and stubborn.
6. Leather or pleather? Leather, definitely!!
7. If you could invite any two people to dinner (living or dead) who would it be? I would love to have met Marie Antoinette (I did my thesis on her at uni), and maybe Anne Boleyn just to see what they were actually like. I’m fascinated by misrepresented women in history. (See answer 3 about being a dork and history nerd!!)
8. What is your favourite decade, fashion wise? I think the fifties, such gorgeous feminine silhouettes. I think that style suits my figure so that probably adds a lot to my love of that decade!
9. What is your dream job? Still figuring that one out!! Something in museums I think. Unless there is a job where you can just hang out at home with your husband and relax all day, I’d like that job!!
10. Who is your favourite character from the television show Friends? Such a hard question!! I think Chandler for humour and Monica for similarity!
My turn for some nominations!!
- Fleur from Our Urban Box
- Leanne from Lime & Mortar
- Jess from A Little Part of The World
- Michelle from Gee You’re Brave
- Lauren from The Thud
- Vicki from Boiled Eggs and Soldiers
- Jasmine from Pretty Chuffed
- Lucy from Bake Play Smile
- Vicky from Random Little Faves
- Lauren from Create Bake Make
And my questions for these lovely ladies:
- Place you most want to visit?
- What’s your favourite thing about where you live?
- What are you currently reading?
- Coffee or tea?
- What is your go-to hairstyle?
- Favourite meal of the day?
- What word makes you cringe?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- If your life story was a book, what would it be called?
- What is one random thing that most people don’t know about you?
Looking forward to seeing the answers!! Make sure you check these blogs out, they are definitely worth a read!