Today’s easy crumbed chicken recipe isn’t actually mine so I can’t take any credit for it. This is my husband’s recipe and it is delicious! It is like a healthy and delicious KFC that even the fussiest eater will love.
It’s a super easy recipe and is so yummy. I love making extras so I can cut some up and have it on my salads for lunch the next day.
- 1 kg chicken fillets (I use a mixture of thigh and breast)
- 2 eggs
- splash of milk
- ⅓ cup flour (not pictured)
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups breadcrumbs
- 4 Cruskits
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 3 tbsp all purpose seasoning
- ½ tsp cracked black pepper
- Whisk eggs and milk together in a small mixing bowl.
- Pour flour onto a plate, add a pinch of salt and mix
- In a medium mixing bowl add breadcrumbs, spices and pepper. Crush the Cruskits into small pieces and add to the bowl. Mix well.
- Cut chicken into pieces, roughly quartered for each piece of breast/thigh.
- Dip each piece of chicken first into the egg mixture, then roll it in the flour. Dip again in the egg mixture and then roll in the breadcrumb mixture.
- Once covered, put aside on a plate until all pieces have been done.
- In a large frypan heat up a splash of olive oil over a medium heat then add the chicken to the pan.
- Place the lid on and cook for 5 minutes. Turn over and replace the lid.
- If you are using breast, you will need to turn it to cook on each of the four sides, for thigh you can just turn it over once.
- Cook for a further 5 minutes on each side, or until cooked through.
And there you have it! A delicious and easy crumbed chicken that the kids are guaranteed to like! We’ve tested this one on our niece and nephew and they loved it!
What’s your favourite ‘kid friendly’ recipe? Do you have a home version of KFC?