Today I’m sharing a recipe for Spanish Rice, another quick and easy dinner, always something I’m after in the summer when it’s super warm. It’s full of flavour and is a great one-pot dish (which I love!).
My recipe is based loosely on this one from Laughing Spatula, which I’ve modified a bit. The main addition to mine is the chicken and bacon, because my husband doesn’t believe it’s a meal without meat!
- 500g chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 200g bacon, diced
- 1 cup aborio rice
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chilli flakes
- 140g tomato paste
- 400g tin of diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Spray a large, lidded frypan with olive oil, then cook the bacon over a medium-high heat. Once lightly browned, add the chicken to the pan and cook until lightly browned.
- Add onions to the pan and cook for one minute.
- Add garlic and rice to the pan, stirring for one minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Simmer with the lid on for 20 minutes, stirring once to keep the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Remove the lid and stir through before serving.
It’s a really easy one-pan dish and is really delicious. It’s also really yummy the next day as leftovers.
What meal are you loving at the moment?