We’ve had a nice relaxing week, easing back into normalcy with Stu back at work and all our usual activities happening again. I’ve been enjoying the slower pace this week and it’s helped me to almost finish recovering from this damn cold. The weather has finally turned into proper autumn weather here and I am loving the cooler mornings with the beautiful sunny days! It does make it a bit challenging to get dressed though! I hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- My favourite educational toys from Kmart – it won’t be long until I’m collecting toys for Grace’s birthday and I love the idea of focusing on educational toys!
- Salted caramel choc crumble mousse – I saw the Merrymaker Sisters make this on Snapchat last week and I was hanging out for the recipe, it looks so good!!
- How to clean your glass candle jars – I am forever burning beautiful candles at home and I kept meaning to learn how to clean them out to reuse them. Now I know!
- Realistic KonMari for mums – if you’re like me and love the idea of a huge KonMari clean out but have kids and therefore a lot of stuff and not much time, this is a great post! It’ll tell you what to use and what to ignore from the KonMari method!
- 53+ free image sources – one of the challenging things about blogging can be finding stock images for your posts, this is a huge resource directing you to loads of places where you can find them for free.
- How to make the most of Instagram – this is an interesting look at how arts and cultural organisations and galleries harness the powers of Instagram. These tips are also really applicable to bloggers looking to optimise their Instagram presence.
- How to be less of a hot mess and rock your morning routine – by now you should know I love the idea of morning routines, and this post is a great way to think a bit harder about your morning routine and get it working a bit better for you.
- Preschooler playspace – I’m obsessed with seeing how other mums set up their kids play spaces, it’ll come in handy for when Grace is a little older and can actively pull apart and play with her play area! This one is beautiful and very similar to what I would like to have for Grace.
- Mother’s Day gift ideas – because we all sometimes need a little inspiration for our gift giving! I would be super happy with any of these gifts for my first Mother’s Day (hint hint Stu!!). And I like Stacey’s reasoning that if all else fails, go with wine.
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
Podcasts I’m loving
What are you loving to read at the moment?