It’s Friday afternoon, which means it’s time to share some links that I’m loving this week to get your weekend reading started!
I feel like this week has been crazy busy and we’ve just been going non-stop. I’m feeling pretty tired as we head into the weekend so I’m hoping for a nice relaxing weekend for my first ever Mother’s Day as a mum!! Grace hit 8 months this week and I cannot believe that she is growing up so fast, I just want to press pause for a little while and hold onto her baby-ness for just a little longer! I hope you enjoy your weekend (and Mother’s Day for all you mums out there) and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- Top 10 soup recipes – I love soup and this time of year is definitely the time when I start craving it more and more. Definitely bookmarking some of these to make over the winter season.
- Cost per wear: fashion math and investing in your wardrobe – as I’ve gotten older I find myself (mostly) making more responsible choices with the money I spend on clothes. Focusing on investment over fast fashion is definitely where my head is at with purchases these days.
- If you could go back to before you had your first baby, what would you tell yourself? – this is a gorgeous article where some stylish mums share what they would tell their pre-baby selves. I love hearing things like this!!
- Relaxed style: how to dress for comfort without looking like you don’t give a shit – relaxed, comfortable but stylish casual dressing is the holy grail of style for me right now as a mum on maternity leave. I love this list of staples to help nail this look.
- 5 healthy snack ideas – I’m a big snacker, especially when Grace is having a ‘won’t let me out of her sight’ day so having healthy snacks ready to go is really helpful for me at the moment. These are some great ones!
- How to create a lipstick wardrobe – you probably know by now I am a big fan of lipstick, preferably a bright red one! But this is some great advice on building your lipstick wardrobe and the five colours you need to start with.
- The ultimate boot guide – I love my boots in winter! I practically live in them from about April until October (it’s very cold in Canberra!) and I have definitely embraced the ankle boot more and more over the past two years. Bron has put together the ultimate boot guide for winter 2016 and it’s well worth a look.
- 16 long sleeve dresses under $100 – another winter staple, and a nice break from jeans and shirts, is the long sleeve dress! Jasmine has found some absolutely gorgeous and really affordable options. I definitely have my eye on a few of these!
- And now for your laugh of the week: How to leave the house with a newborn and a toddler – hilarity ensues. Unless this is your life. Then it’s probably sadly accurate (sorry Lauren, I feel for you!!)
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
What are you loving to read at the moment?