I’m so glad it’s almost the weekend! I felt like I was getting a bit sick this week so I had a bit of downtime to rest midweek which made so much difference! Thankfully I’m feeling much better, especially because Stu went away for work early yesterday morning and will get home later tonight so I’ve been on my own with Grace. I’m really looking forward to seeing him (even though it’s only been a day!) and I think Grace really misses her dad. We’re probably going to have another low-key, quiet weekend at home which is my favourite kind of weekend! I hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- Creating Mindful Kids: how to make mindfulness fun for a lifetime of wellbeing – even though Grace is still very young, I’m definitely reading lots on how to parent her as she gets older. Practicing mindfulness is something I’m really interested in teaching her so this is a great practical guide!
- The minimalist summer reading guide – now obviously it’s not summer here, but the cold weather makes it an ideal time to curl up on the couch with a good book. Anne from Modern Mrs Darcy does an epic Summer Reading Guide every year and she has done it again this year, but this is 5 of the best books on the list for people like me who have a hard time choosing what to read!
- 5 ways to build a more ethical closest (no matter your budget) – I’m definitely embracing more ethically produced clothes and moving away from ‘fast fashion’ more and more. This is a great guide to choosing clothes from a better mindset and reducing your involvement in the fast fashion cycle.
- How to stay productive and sane when working from home – so many people work from home these days, either on a ‘side hustle’ or as part of their main job so these are some great tips on how to carve out productive time to actually get your work done.
- 10 easy healthy work lunches – with my return to work coming up much faster than I would like I am going to have to get back into the ‘being organised for work’ headspace, which includes packing lunches! These are some great healthy (and delicious) options.
- 20-minute bedtime routine – sometimes we get really focused on morning routines but how you wind down for the night really does set you up for the next day! I love this easy to achieve 20-minute routine to get you in the best shape for the next morning.
- 10 tried and tested tips for eating sugar-free on the cheap – even if you’re not a sugar-free convert, these are some great tips for saving money at the grocery store.
- Chicken parmigiana pasta bake – chicken parmigiana is one of my favourite foods, so combining it with pasta bake? That’s a huge winner!!
- Chocolate peanut butter banana bread – I love the sound of this, it combines so many delicious things into one loaf of sweet bread! Plus it’s all made in one bowl, and there are vegan and gluten-free variations so this will be popular with just about everyone!
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
Exercising during pregnancy
What are you loving to read at the moment?