It’s Friday afternoon, which means it’s time to share some links that I’m loving this week to get your weekend reading started!
It’s the Friday of a long weekend which is always a happy occasion! We’ve had a bit of wild weather this week so we’ve been indoors a bit more than I would like. I think Grace is also starting teething again so she is a very cranky girl today. I am looking forward to this weekend, my parents are coming down for a visit and it’s a long weekend so we get three days with Stu at home!! I hope you enjoy your (long) weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- 7 winter cold and flu remedies – being sick absolutely sucks (especially when you’ve got a baby who doesn’t care if you feel like death) so I am bookmarking these for when the inevitable winter cold hits (and I’m super curious about this onion trick!).
- Which lunchbox is the best? – Stacey (aka The Veggie Mama) puts some gorgeous photos of her daughters lunches on Instagram which is giving me major lunch inspiration for when Grace is a little older, and now she has put together a list of the various lunch boxes she uses and what the benefits are. Definitely something I’ll be looking into for when Grace starts daycare!
- 5 ways to beat the winter style blues – when you start facing the cold and layering up your style can sometimes take a bit of a hit but these are 5 great tips to keep stylish (and warm) this winter.
- Start living plastic free without spending a cent – I’m really interested in finding ways to reduce the amount of plastic we use but it can often seem expensive to invest in alternatives. These are some great points to think of and make you realise that it can be easier than you think to start reducing the amount of plastic you use.
- Make this, age before beauty blanket – I really want to learn to crochet and this looks like a fun project! I love that it will be completely unique depending on who is making it! Plus those bright colours are just so inviting.
- 25 books you should read, according to a few of the worlds most successful people – there are so many books out there so I much prefer to get recommendations for what to read rather than spend the time searching for myself. All the better when you get the recommendation of CEOs and business leaders!
- 11 hot YA novels for your summer reading list – speaking of books, my favourite book recommender is Anne from Modern Mrs Darcy! I actually really love Young Adult fiction. They’re easy to read, have compelling storylines and and just a bit of fun!
- The top matte liquid lipsticks to spend your pay on – if you know me, you know I love a matte liquid lipstick! They are everywhere right now and these are some of the best.
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Burgers – if you saw my Facebook or Instagram page this week you will know that I made these pulled pork burgers and Stu promptly requested that these are a regular feature in our dinner menu! That is definitely a good endorsement. Plus when he took the leftovers to work the next day he had 3 people want to taste and wanted the recipe. If you try one recipe in the next week, make it this one!!
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
Baby tales #6: 9 months
What are you loving to read at the moment?