There is something about a public holiday on a Monday that just makes the rest of the week feel like it goes forever! Do you find that too? Grace has been teething this week so that’s not exactly made my week sunshine and rainbows either. Poor little darling is not having a good time of it. But it, of course, means that I don’t get much done when she’s like this. I’m looking forward to the weekend to have some help with her if nothing else! I hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- Is a capsule wardrobe right for you? – capsule wardrobes are all the rage right now but if you’re not sure what exactly it is or whether it would work for you this is a good place to start.
- Everyday ankle boots under $70 – ankle boots are an absolute essential in my winter wardrobe! These are some beautiful and budget friendly options.
- 4 winter outfit ideas that don’t include jeans – I think I’ve worn jeans almost every day since the weather cooled right down so this is a great reminder of how to put together a winter appropriate outfit without my beloved jeans.
- Winter rosé wine and food pairings – I had never thought of rosé as a winter wine before (I am rather partial to red wine!) but these pairings make total sense. And I do love a lovely pink glass of wine!
- 9 slightly weird productivity tips – I love productivity tips but sometimes it feels like you’re reading the same tips and tricks over and over. These are definitely not your usual tips!
- Busy vs. productive – being ‘busy’ isn’t all it’s cracked up to be. There is a big difference between being busy and being productive, so learn how to be more productive and less ‘busy’.
- 12 powerful books to help you live more simply – this is a great roundup of some books to help you refine your purpose, declutter and get more done.
- How to survive on no sleep – Lauren (great name!) from The Thud is at it again with her hilarious and oh-so-true take on parenthood, this time how to get by when your kids conspire against you to deprive you of your precious sleep.
- Banana muffins with crumble topping – I love banana in baked goods, it always tastes amazing. This banana muffin comes with a crumble topping which I have never seen on a muffin before!! Sounds like a winner.
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
The age gap
What are you loving to read at the moment?