I’ve been sick for a week now and every time I think I’m getting a bit better, I get so much worse. I’m hopeful that a few more days of rest (and staying out of this incredibly cold weather!) will help me fully recover. So our week has been spent pretty much inside and resting on the couch (plus dealing with a still-teething little girl!). I’m looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend having Stu at home and hopefully being better by the time the weekend is over! I hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- 5 pairs of pants that aren’t jeans – I fall into a jeans rut so easily! They’re easy and comfortable and my other go-to option, dresses, aren’t the easiest to wear with a breastfed baby so these are some great ideas for some non-jean pants.
- The super quick workout you can do in front of the tv – when it’s cold it’s so much harder to get motivated to workout so these are some great exercises you can do in the ad breaks of your favourite tv show.
- Winter reading suggestions – Winter is the perfect time to curl up under a blanket with a good book! I always love getting book recommendations and I haven’t read any of these (except the Jane Austen novels).
- Long lasting liquid lipsticks – it’s no secret that I love a liquid lipstick, and this list is budget friendly as well as great quality. It also includes possibly my favourite liquid lipstick, the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet.
- 5 classic hair hacks – Christina (from Hair Romance) shares her classic hair hacks that make doing your hair just that much easier. I especially love the fringe braid!
- Creating a pantry stockpile – having a well-stocked pantry is the secret to cutting down on the amount of shopping you need to do as well as making it easy to create meals when you haven’t had a chance to get to the shops (like right now, while I’ve been sick!).
- Easy rice cooker chicken – I am a big fan of ‘one pot’ meals. They’re so easy and create minimal washing up which is always a winner. This chicken looks amazing, and I can’t wait to make it!
- My top 5 cookie recipes – I love cookies (or biscuits, because I’m Australian…) and I love finding new recipes to try out. These are definitely on my list.
- Quick and easy white chocolate and raspberry muffins – white chocolate and raspberry is my favourite type of muffin, I think it even trumps chocolate!! It’s a classic combination and it tastes amazing.
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
Social media sick days
What are you loving to read at the moment?