It’s Friday afternoon, which means it’s time to share some links that I’m loving this week to get your weekend reading started!
I’m feeling so much better this week which is a massive relief. Grace seems to be over the worst of her teething (for now!) so she’s been in a pretty good mood this week. The weather has been gorgeously sunny which takes the bite out of the cold (and I mean cold, like -4º!) and it’s just been a really nice (if uneventful) week. Everything is shaping up for a lovely weekend and hopefully we’ll get to spend a bit of time enjoying the beautiful winter sun! I hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- How to get French style – there is just something about the effortless casual chic of French style that makes it so irresistible and often copied. This is basically your cheat sheet for recreating it.
- Chocolate craving cake – the perfectly proportioned cake to satisfy your chocolate cake craving without having to bake a whole cake!
- Mapping out flat iron waves – the ultimate guide to creating perfect relaxed waves in your hair with just your straightener.
- 5 ways to use your dry shampoo for salon worthy hair every day – I love my dry shampoo, it’s the ultimate hair product for busy mums but did you know you can do more with it than just freshen up your ‘probably should have washed it yesterday’ hair?
- Pea and goat’s cheese risotto – I saw this pop up on my newsfeed in Facebook earlier this week and knew I had to add it to my ‘recipes to try’ folder. It looks amazing!
- 5 ways to make the mundane fun – there are so many mundane activities that fill your day as a parent, so I love these great tips to make them fun!
- 7 steps to Snapchat success – I am so addicted to Snapchat (follow me @lifeatnumber5), it’s possibly my favourite thing right now. If you’re unsure about it, or want to know how to use Snapchat as a blogger or brand, check out this great article to get your head around it.
- What The Devil Wears Prada would look like in 2016 – can you believe The Devil Wears Prada is 10 years old?! I love this 2016 spin on the best bits of the film.
- And now for the funniest video I’ve seen all week: Cersei Lets It Go. It takes the big Cersei scene from the first 10 minutes of this week’s Game of Thrones episode and plays Frozen’s ‘Let It Go’ over the top. And it totally works!
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
What are you loving to read at the moment?