That’s right, links I love is back after a little break. I’ve been soaking up my last official week of maternity leave (I’m back to work on Thursday). It’s been about a year since I was at work so I’m hoping that when I go back my brain still works! We’re heading to Sydney this weekend for some time with my family and a little early birthday celebration for me. I hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- 13 NYX products every makeup junkie should own – I don’t own any NYX products yet, I am dutifully waiting until my local Priceline starts stocking it (any week now!) so I am adding several of these to my list of products to purchase.
- The beauty brand names you’re probably pronouncing wrong – ah we’ve all been there, not knowing how to pronounce a brand name so mumbling it or avoiding saying it altogether! But mumble no longer, because this is a list of some of the hardest to pronounce beauty brands for your reference.
- 3 simple hair hacks for curling your hair – I love curling my hair, I find it so much easier than getting it perfectly straight, and these are some simple but effective tips for getting your curls looking great.
- 9 productive things you can do in 15 minutes (that are better than mindless Facebooking) – we’re all guilty of taking a little Facebook break from time to time, but it can be a serious productivity killer. Try some of these tips instead.
- 15 books that keep your attention until the very last page – I love ‘page turners’ with plots that have me wanting to get to the end as fast as I can and I’ve only read 5 of this list so it looks like I’ve just added some more books to my ‘to be read’ list!
- 20+ new places to eat in Canberra – this one is for my fellow Canberrans (or anyone who might be visiting Canberra in the near future). The foodie scene is quickly growing in Canberra and these look like some fantastic additions to try out.
- Strawberry jelly slice – my mind is in party food mode for Grace’s upcoming first birthday party (!) and this looks like the perfect slice to make as well as looking so cute and so delicious.
- 30 things you need to do before you have a baby – ah if only I had appreciated my innocent pre-baby days! Especially my pre-baby brain!! This post is great for parents wanting a laugh if witching hour is getting you down (and highly instructional for anyone planning to have kids in the near future!).
- #PhelpsFace takes the Gold Medal in the Meme Olympics – #PhelpsFace is the gift that just keeps giving!
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
2 years ago
Apple, berry and rhubarb crumble
What are you loving to read at the moment?