The last week has been a whirlwind for me! I am getting more into the swing of things being back at work and I feel like I don’t stop for even a second when I’m in the office. I’m working 3 days a week at the moment and it is exhausting getting used to being in the office,being at a computer and most of all using my ‘work brain’ for 8 hours a day.
I am really enjoying it though (I think I’d be devastated to be leaving Grace for a job I wasn’t enjoying) and I feel like I’ve reclaimed a small part of myself that was ‘on pause’ during the last year. We’re planning a Saturday breakfast out to celebrate my birthday and then Stu is unfortunately working on Sunday so Grace and I will have some relaxing time together at home. I hope you enjoy your weekend and enjoy the lovely links I’ve lined up for you today!
- A bunch of podcasts your ears might like – if you’ve been here for a while you know I love a good podcast and this list features 4 I’d never even heard of!
- 11 book pairs that match your childhood favourites with what you should read next – book recommendations are the main way I find a new favourite book so this list is a great resource for choosing what to pick up next!
- My summer holiday reading list – and some more book recommendations, this time from one of my all time favourite beauty bloggers.
- A week of hairstyles for bob length hair – if you’ve got hair that’s a bit on the short side like me, sometimes you need a good dose of hair inspiration to get out of a hair rut.
- How to beat a bad hair day – and if you’re really stuck on the hair front and just can’t shake the ‘bad hair day’ feeling, then this is the place for you!
- 10 hidden tricks to make Snapchat infinitely better – I think we can all agree that Snapchat isn’t the most intuitive interface ever, so check out these little tricks to take your Snapchat game up a level. (And you can follow me on Snapchat @lifeatnumber5!)
- Instagram Stories: 15 tips and tricks – if you’re more of an IG than a Snapchat fan, then these tips and tricks will help you get the hang of what is going on with Instagram Stories. (And you can follow me on Instagram @lifeatnumberfive!)
- Spinach and Ricotta tarts – Grace’s birthday party is next weekend and I’m trying to get some more savoury dishes to balance out the sweet. I think these delicious looking tarts have just made the menu!
- Last minute Father’s Day gift ideas – Father’s Day is nestled in the day between Grace’s birthday party and her actual birthday this year which means it has totally not been on my radar! Luckily these last minute gift ideas are genius! (I think I’m going to pick up some wine from Vinomofo for Stu. It’s a guaranteed winner!)
PREVIOUSLY ON LIFE AT NUMBER FIVE
Books I love: Liane Moriarty
2 years ago
What I’m reading: The White Queen series
What are you loving to read at the moment?